- You Are Here:
- Elected Officials
- Probation Office
The Fayette County Probation Office supervises both juveniles and adult offenders sentenced to court supervision or probation by the Fayette County Court. We also supervise cases referred from other counties and states if the offender resides in Fayette County.
Probation officers monitor the offenders' compliance with their court order. Officers also identify risk factors that might cause the offender to reoffend and then link that person to services to facilitate the change process.
The goal is to reduce the probability of recidivism and enhance public safety. Probation officers also prepare pre-sentence reports to assist the court in the sentencing of offenders.
- Public Service Work - Offenders work for non-profit agencies in the community to help make amends for wrong-doing. (Adult and Juvenile)
- Men Challenging Violence - A program for Domestic Violence cases facilitated by the Community Resource Center. (Adult)
- Drug Testing - Tests are given randomly by the probation office to clients on probation or supervision. Cost of tests to the defendant is $20. (Adult and Juvenile)
- Victim Impact Panel - The panel is for DUI offenders. This course is offered online at the following website, https://www.aaim1.org It is the offenders responsibility to pay for the course and provide verification of completion to the probation department.
- Electronic Monitoring - A GPS based monitoring device is placed on the probationer's ankle and is tracked with GPS. If the probationer is out of their zone or in places they are not supposed to be, a probation officer and law enforcement is notified immediately. Cost is $10 per day. (Adult and Juvenile).
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT) - Systematic, cognitive behavioral, step-by-step treatment strategy designed to enhance self-image, promote growth of a positive, productive identity, and facilitate the development of high stages of moral reasoning. (Adult)